Sunday, January 1, 2012

Get Organized!!

<><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><>
Happy New Year! Out with the old and in with the new!! I decided my studio/workshop was cluttered, messy and unorganized. Once that revaluation came to me, I took on the BIG challenge to take a step and get the chaos under control. After 10 minutes into the job, I came to the realization that it was a bigger job then I thought. Was I up to the challenge? I wasn't sure. First thought was to toss it all in a box and call it a day!! It occurred to me that many of us manage our lives this way. We let stuff build and build until we have no choice but to take immediate action. By that time, it's so overwhelming that we want to shut the door and lock it. Whether it's emotional, physical or financial, we have all done this at some point in our lives. I'm not a quitter, I dug my heels in and handled my business!!!

Once the job was complete, I was proud of the out come. The total job took almost 8 hours. It was difficult. A few times, I almost decided to stop and finish it on another day. I knew that was really not an option. So, as we do in life, I pushed on until it was done.

I asked myself why did I let it get so bad! Yes, I practically have two full time jobs and I'm on multiple art related boards, but that's no excuse. We have a tendency to let our lives get way out of control before taking action. This usually causes more pain, money and time that wouldn't not have been required had we stayed on top of what we should be doing!!!

I challenge you to find an area of your life that YOU have let get out of control.The new year is here. Get a new attitude and take control!! Get empowered, make a change in your life! It could be small or huge. I promise, you will be proud of yourself for following the plan. You will pat yourself on the back once you step back and see how well it turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment