Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I remember the day my mother told me that my sister and I were to attend the all girls’ school, St. Mary’s Academy. Even though my mom had attended, I was not jumping up and down. Just moving back from Europe and being 14, I wanted a co-ed High School. Mom always knows best! Attending St. Mary’s (SMA), was the highlight of my life. As most kids, it’s not until AFTER high school that this was realized. I have several friends from high school that I am still very close with. Little did I know that the first day I walked through that door, I would have a lifelong “sisterhood” bond formed. I wanted to honor that sisterhood with a painting. I immediately reflected upon our days at mass. We would all join hands and say the Lord’s Prayer. The joining of the hands solidified our sisterhood union. This painting is titled, “Sisterhood.” It is very near and dear to my heart. I haven’t gotten around to it, but my next SMA painting will be of our debutante ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment