Wednesday, February 15, 2012

True Blood Connection!

Over a year ago, I discovered a little bar named, "Lucky Liquor." Of course, I am late in my discovery. The bar has been in the area of town call, "the bottoms" for over 40 years. It's a local landmark. The bar is shown in the opening credits of the HBO series, "True Blood." They have also filmed a few scenes inside.

In my quest to paint local Shreveport history, I decided this would be a good place to start. About six months ago, I decided to display the painting while doing the Farmer's Market. As luck will have it, Mr. and Mrs. Lucky visited my booth. Yes, their last name is Lucky. The painting was a two fold purchase for them. It bared their name and they are fans of the Ture Blood series. It's little moments like this that makes an artist smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment