Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paying It Forward

I'm feeling the need to "pay it forward." Problem is that I'm not sure the best way to do it. Have you "paid it forward" in your life?? Do you have any suggestions?

For many many years, I have questioned how it came to be that Shreveport became my new home after Hurricane Katrina. The answer slowly came to light over the last six years. I am blessed to have found my way back to my art. Five years ago, I began to design jewelry. It was a great mental health outlet for me. It just so happened that people started "digging" on my creations. Three years ago, I picked up a paint brush and put it to a blank canvas. Believe it or not, I hadn't painted in eighteen years prior to that. Once again, people are liking my work. Now, I can't imagine not being able to paint.

So, I am pondering how to give back. Shall it be a free one day jewelry workshop for young girls? Maybe, finding a young adult interested in art. I can spend some time showing them how my creative process flows. I will have to think on it a bit more. I will figure it out sometime this year. It is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment